There’s something special about a seasonal cookie. The cinnamon to ginger ratio is just right with a warm drink, curled up on the couch in a full body cheetah print Snuggie. (Hint hint.) These would be dreamy paired with a nocino winter cocktail! You can enjoy these maple syrup sweetened cookies any time of year though! Try topping off with a dusting of unsweetened coco powder or get wild with some dark chocolate. Your host will thank you!
Need to bring something festive, delicious, plant-based, and gluten-free to your holiday? You, my friend, are at my kind of party. These spiced almond butter molasses cookies are super simple with just enough holiday kick to work for any celebration. (The vegan / gluten-free kind too.) These cookies are thought up by our own Maia Welbel, vegan baking extraordinaire. She’s a total wiz at egg replacers y’all!
Spiced Almond Butter Molasses Cookies
makes: approx 24 cookies | prep time: 10 min | freezer time: 30 min | cook time:12 min | total time: 22 min
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (would work well with just about any smooth nut butter)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups oat flour
- Combine almond butter, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla in a large bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, and salt, stir to incorporate. Add baking soda and ACV, stir to incorporate.
- Pour in flour, fold in gently until no dry flour bits remain (dough will be sticky.)
- Cover bowl loosely and put into the freezer for 30 minutes. You can also refrigerate overnight, up to 24 hours to prepare day of.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Take bowl out of freezer and on a well oiled baking sheet or silapad form balls, pressing down slightly to form flattened discs, of about 2 tablespoons of dough each, arranging at least 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until tops are dry and crackly.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan. Store in an air tight container. These will last about 3 – 4 days. Enjoy!